Best 10 souvenirs from Vietnam
Vietnam, a country that can offer you a chance to experience breathtaking beauty, explore a new culture, click memorizing pictures and more, also offers you an opportunity to know the locals more closely. It is by the souvenir shopping, which Vietnam has to offer. Every country has a special list of products which tourists must buy as souvenirs and Vietnam too has these which you must buy when you travel to Vietnam.
So, here is a list of top 10 souvenirs which you can gift family members, friends and all others.
In Vietnam, you can find gorgeous silk scarves for men and women and it’s a popular souvenir from this country. The silk here is still made on traditional handlooms and the best place to buy this is at the silk village in Hanoi (named as Van Phuc) and Hoian as well. Silk in Vietnam is renowned for brilliance and you can easily find some unique souvenirs here.
Ceramic products are another popular souvenir which you can take home from Vietnam. The beautiful variety one can find here is simply appealing, but just travelling can be tricky where you must handle the same very carefully. You can easily find here ceramic vases, lacquer vases and more such variety in a plethora of sizes, shapes and colors. All these ceramic items are hand crafted by trained Vietnamese people who still rely on the traditional methods.
3. Bamboo and wooden products
Bamboo and wooden products in Vietnam are all hand woven and available in a large variety of colors. You can buy the same as beautifully carved bamboo hats or salad bowls, trays, baskets and more such items made out of bamboo and wood, bamboo baskets are another specialty made by the Vietnamese people. Apart from being cheaper alternatives they are also eco-friendly in nature.
4. Silk Paintings
Silk paintings in Vietnam are a very unique product and depict an iconic art form of the artisans living here since olden times. The mystical, simple and poetic themes used in silk paintings make these particularly attractive. The paintings make use of the natural silk colors and textiles as the backdrop which is usually colorful. You can find such paintings on wall hangings, scarves and even on the traditional Ao dai (Long dresses)
5. Musical instruments
Musical instruments here are hand crafted which include mini T’rung that are xylophones and bamboo flutes. Carrying these is very easy and can make that perfect souvenir for all music lovers, reminding you of your Vietnam tours for long.
Lacquerware in Vietnam is distinct in its style of using resin from son tree. The art links to the French influence in Vietnam and the same is work-intensive art form. It’s said that high quality lacquer products go through 20 stages of development and can be used to craft dishes, bowls, vases, and more in beautiful colors and intricate designs. There are some galleries exclusively dedicated to this art where you can find some really great collection.
7. Vietnamese embroidery
An art passed down from ages, embroiders in Vietnam make use of Chinese techniques largely. It’s said that one can become master in this art in a span of 8-10 years. You can find a museum dedicated to embroidery in Nha Trang and can see embroiders working here live. The mastery and explicit craft is bound to amaze you. So, when on a Vietnam trip don’t forget buying at least one embroidered piece from there.
8. Guoc Moc
Guoc Moc or wooden clogs are traditional footwear for males and females in Vietnam. Females in Vietnam wear these with the traditional Ao Dai to add to their gratefulness. Now the use might have faded away, but you can still buy these at some traditional stores in Vietnam.
9. Conical Hats
Referred as leaf hat or non la, these are a symbol of Vietnam and can be seen on drums as old as 3000 years. The same can be used as an umbrella during rains and sun protector during summers. The conical hats are available in a large variety, which you can buy as a souvenir which is restricted to only this part of the globe.
10. Ao Dai
Recognized as a national garment for females in Vietnam, it’s a tight-fitted long dress worn over long pants. The style and traditional variety may have seen an evolution over the years, but the same is still being used by Vietnamese women.
The bottom line
Vietnam, from Ha Noi to Hoi An and Ho Chi Minh City is flooded with diverse markets and an amazing mix and match of culture and tradition. Each place offers a distinct experience which can be more closely seen with its souvenirs collection. So, stop by when on your shopping spree to get amazed and enticed with the exotic and beautiful yet distinct delights that await you as top Vietnamese souvenirs.
- Travel is better with friends. 35% e-Visa discount for you and your friends to travel the world
- PACK YOUR BACK BECAUSE SUMMER IS BACK!
- May the lovely festival of Easter brings you lots of joy, love and happiness.
- Happy Women’s Day - We are stronger together!
- Chinese new year: a blessing for everyone!
- Make Yourself Comfortable With This Amazing Gift
- Check out Our Mysterious Gift in this Halloween now
- HOTTEST DISCOUNT to celebrate the BIGGEST HOLIDAY!
- 20% off for making eVisa! Let's energize yourself now!
- This web browser will upgrade to TLS 1.1
- Hot! 20% off for Visa to Vietnam beaches! Find out now!
- Foreign tourists happy with Vietnam’s visa exemption policy
- Summer 2018 hot deal of eVISA
- Best Things to Do in Vietnam (Part 1)
- 9 Must-Try Vietnamese Drinks – Part 2
- April Deals of Vietnam Visa – 25% OFF
- 9 Must-Try Vietnamese Drinks – Part 1
- Special Offer on Women’s Day!
- Sweet Promotion for Valentine’s Day only
- Apply Visa with cheap price in 2018
- BEST DEAL for 2017 holiday trip
- Big SALE on Black Friday – 17 Nov, 2017
- Great Discount for Halloween – Oct 31, 2017
- Vietnam celebrates the National Day - Sep 02, 2017
- One-year multiple Vietnam visa for US citizens
- Five countries in Europe happy to enjoy Vietnam visa exemption
- Vietnam Topography
- Religions in Vietnam
- Climate in Vietnam
- Vietnamese Traditional Instruments
- Food in the Central
- Food in the South
- Food in the North
- Vietnam Festivals in 2015
- Vietnamese Traditional Costumes
- 10 Top Tourist Attractions in Vietnam
- Vietnam Public Holidays in 2015